Saturday, December 12, 2009

First list Late Carthage 650 points no date restrictions

So if I do keep this blog up (and that would be a rather large surprise to say the least), it is likely that my love for writing up army lists will become a big part of it. Seriously its one of my favourite things to do, I don't know why but it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.

So here is my first list, its a 650 point Late Carthage list that I tried to make that could play without any time restraints. I also made a point of using what I already have, and trying to keep the cost down. I really like the Old Glory Carthaginian models and am relieved to know that I can easily make either a Late or Early list with them, I just have to find something to represent the Sardinian/Corsican/Ligurian medium foot. I find the Syracuse/Carthaginian conflict to be as interesting as the Punic Wars, and if I make a Greek Army it will likely be a Syracusan army or one that can play as both.

Enough rambling, here's the darn list:
(note individual BG point values intentionally omitted out of fear of legal trouble)

Inspired CinC, 2 Troop Commanders and a Fortified Camp.

2 BGs of 6 bases of African Spearmen.

3 BGs of 4 bases of Numidian Light Horse.

1 BG of 4 bases of Armoured Gallic Horse.
- I think the points are worth the upgrade, I don't have access to a lot of armoured troops.

2 BGs of 6 bases ofNumidian Javelinmen.

2 BGs of 6 bases of Drilled Spanish Scutarii
- Drilled has to be worth the slight cost increase.

1 BG of 6 bases of Balearic Slingers.
- Eat rocks.

1 BG of 4 bases of Libyphoencian Cavalry.
- Like the Gallic Horse, but drilled. Sweet.

Grand total?

650 pts even.

Which seems to be a popular size for a game, at least in Britain and since I live in the Commonwealth its not a bad gamble. As you might guess all of this will be made with Old Glory 15s, and I tried to make the list as multi-ethnic as I could as I think it is a beautiful part of this armies fluff and would make for a more visually interesting army. Going to continue working on the Spearmen this weekend, and I might have access to a camera on sunday that isn't attached to my Computer or my Cellphone.

Go Canucks Go

No comments:

Post a Comment