With a years worth of hindsight comes some introspection and here is some of the more positive aspects of blogging and some areas I would like to improve on.
Things to improve on and about this blog:
- More posting.
- More painting.
- More gaming.
- More scenery.
- Going to add some product reviews.
Things that make me love this blog:
- The motivation it proved even though I went until December before I found a gaming group, this is key cause even though I was basically gaming in a vacuum it still was a blast.
- Finding and enjoying other blogs from gamers worldwide.
- The sense of community with other bloggers with similar interests worldwide.
- The hits I get from the oddest places. Hola Columbia !!!
Sure I didn't finish the Carthage army in a year, but I didn't rush it, painted better than I thought I was able and quite surprisingly entered a painting comp !!! Sure I only got a couple of games in and none of them were of even normal size, but I did play some sweet new boardgames and have a new D&D group on the go so all in all it was a good year.
Goals for next year are to keep adding to the Carthage army (maybe some Spanish troops would be in order), and start another army. I have narrowed it down to two choices, a Late Republican Roman army that I may model up as the 9th and 10th legions, or a Middle Republican Roman army as an in period pairing for my burgeoning Carthaginian army. Tough call but all three of the those armies can share a lot of troops (ie: Numidians, Gallic Horse, Spanish), and I can easily see myself having a Roman army from both periods. To be honest I want a Roman Army from almost all periods. Cost and availability may be a the deciding factor.
All in all a great year and an even better start.