Friday, June 11, 2010
Elephantitis day 1
So it is officially on. I started the elephants today, I cut, cleaned and assembled everything and glued them to Popsicle sticks. They had very little flash (an excellent recurring trend with Old Glory 15s thus far), and were a breeze to glue together, the only thing that took any skill was drilling holes for pikes into the hands of those four chaps out front. I was really impressed with the way the Mahouts fit together, you can't really tell on my craptacular cellphone camera but their legs are cast on the elephants themselves and their upper bodies must be attached during assembly. The thing that I can't get over is how seamlessly this went, the join is disguised as a fold in their attire and I don't think they will even require any green stuff. Nice.
I am almost confident that I can get this done in seven days, but come June 17th....we shall see.