Thursday, October 28, 2010

All your base are belong to Flock

Sorry about the delay between posts again, but my PC died a sudden and seemingly painful death. He will be missed. A traditional Viking funeral will be held at New Brighton Park as soon as I have found a way to get my Neverwinter Nights saved files and (YEARS AND YEARS !!!!!!) of writing off of it. The family requests a private service, in lue of flowers please send wood and nails for a boat.

Although I haven't got any pics I have been working. I have finished getting the bases for my entire army up to the standard of the 5 elements I entered into the painting contest. It was a bit of a slog because I had to address several rookie mistakes and start the process from about the 3rd step. That being said, I did learn a lot and have settled on a basing technique that I will be using from now on. Even at my clumsy skill level I am getting rather realistic results using about $15 worth of Woodland Scenics Ballast, Talus and Static Grass, they almost look like they are marching across some semi-arid agricultural ground. I am getting all kinds of scenery ideas.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment